Crystal (Quartz) FT-241
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)
- 1943 ?
- Radio part (not a module)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- No Power needed
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Crystal FT-241 - MILITARY U.S. different makers
- Miscellaneous shapes - described under notes.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 29 x 39 x 12 mm / 1.1 x 1.5 x 0.5 inch
- FT-241 crystals, black series, were used in the BC-604 with a working frequency 20-27,9 MHz, 80 "channels" numbered 0-79.
Their fundamental frequency is 370,370 - 516,666 kHz, to be multiplied by 54.
FT-241 crystals, brown series, were used in the BC-684 with a working frequency 27-38,9 MHz, 120 "channels" numbered 270-389.
Their fundamental frequency is 375,000 - 540,277 kHz, to be multiplied by 72.
This crystal type is far not as indestructible as the FT-243 type; the small silvered crystal-plate is welded-connected with two spring-type wires, but these connections are often broken after many years.
These crystals have a very interesting fundamental frequency range to compose sharp IF- filters around 450-475 kHz.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.010 kg / 0 lb 0.4 oz (0.022 lb)
- Source of data
- - - Data from my own collection
- Model page created by Jan Terranea. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 374 models, 329 with images and 185 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)