Radio Receiving Equipment RBZ
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)
- 1943 ?
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 67.5 & 2 x 1.5 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Radio Receiving Equipment RBZ - MILITARY U.S. different makers
- Miscellaneous shapes - described under notes.
- U.S. Navy personal receiver to receive orders in combat zones. RBZ is composed by two small fiber enclosures fitted into a two-pouch canvas holder. One unit contained the radio itself, the second one hosting the dry batteries, connected by a 4-wire cord. The headset was weared with a canvas skullcap under the helmet, which was used as antenna.
The permeability tuned receiver has only switch/volume control and tuning knob. Tuning range 2 - 5.8 MHz.
The radio could also be AC operated using a special RBZ Power Pack Model 2.
Manufactured by Emerson Radio & Phonograph Corp.
- Source of data
- -- Collector info (Sammler)
- Model page created by Emilio Ciardiello. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 378 models, 332 with images and 188 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)