Radio Set AN/GRC-109
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)
- Commercial Transmitter & Receiver (TRX not Amateur)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Other, details in remarks or not known.
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Radio Set AN/GRC-109 - MILITARY U.S. different makers
- Miscellaneous shapes - described under notes.
A so called clandestine- agent or spy radio set as well as an emergency TX/RX set, for military use and the CIA.
The complete radio set AN/GRC-109 consists of three units:
Radio Transmitter T-784/GRC-109, Radio Receiver R-1004/GRC-109,
Power Supply PP-2684/GRC-109 or
Power Supply PP-2685/GRC-109 (PP-26851/GRC-109),
there are also several accessories like antennas, CN-690/GRC-109 voltage regulator for use with optional hand-cranked generator G-43/G, a 12 V car battery PA-109 Power Adaptor by Nems & Clarke 12 V and the GRA-71 Burst Encoder (for Morse Code Burst Transmissions) known.
The set is technically based on the RS-1 constructed 1948/50 by the Admiral Corp. In the GRC-109, the transmitter T-784 comes with a GRA-71 burst coder connector on the front panel.
The later AN/GRC-109A produced by Oklahoma Aerotronics comes with a carrying handle, hasp-typie lid fasteners, the dial window is integrated in the front panel and not screwed and the whole cabinet is more rugged.
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature (May 1962 Department of the Army Technical Manual TM 11-5820-474-14)
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 363 models, 318 with images and 177 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)