Heterodyne Local Oscillator 357
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MIM, Marconi International Marine; Chelmsford Essex
- 1930 ??
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries / 2 or 4 or 6 & 72 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Heterodyne Local Oscillator 357 - MIM, Marconi International
- Boatanchor (heavy military or commercial set >20 kg).
The heterodyne type 357 has been specially designed for use with the receiver Type 352. It covers a wave range from 200 to 22,000 meters in 5 wavebands and is for use on CW signals only.
The heterodyne uses a simple oscillator circuit which is coupled to the receiver by means of a coupling capacity, contained within the device. A large HT choke and a decoupling condenser prevent feedback to the receiver via the battery or battery leads.
The heterodyne comes with a calibration chart that gives instructions about wave range switch and tuning condenser position for each desired wave length.
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature
- Model page created by Mark Hippenstiel. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 16 models, 14 with images and 6 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MIM, Marconi International Marine; Chelmsford Essex