- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Montgomery Ward & Co. (Wards, Airline); Chicago, IL
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Airline or Air-Line
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 117 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Airline 1658B - Montgomery Ward & Co. Wards,
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 9.75 x 5.5 x 4.875 inch / 248 x 140 x 124 mm
The following models use the same schematic and cabinet but have different cabinet colors:
Model Cabinet 1655B Mocha 1656B White 1658B Pink
Similar "Budget Model" with gray cabinet, plain front, black trim band: Model Airline 1659.
- Price in first year of sale
- 16.95 $
- Mentioned in
- Montgomery Ward Catalogs (Wards, Airline) (Fall/Winter 1957/58, page 787.)
- Model page created by Noemi Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 2224 models, 1341 with images and 1729 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Montgomery Ward & Co. (Wards, Airline); Chicago, IL