- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Montgomery Ward & Co. (Wards, Airline); Chicago, IL
- 1964 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Airline or Air-Line
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 1 x 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Airline GEN-1253A - Montgomery Ward & Co. Wards,
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 2.5 x 4.25 x 1.25 inch / 64 x 108 x 32 mm
Airline Model GEN-1253A (made for Montgomery Ward Co.). AM only. Seven Mitsubishi transistors. Civil Defense marks on station dial. Dual, identical peep holes on front of radio: one for station dial and other for volume level. Similar in design to Airline GEN-1250A and GEN-1251A.
Made in Japan
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact TSM Transistor Radio Series SAMS (TSM-48 (January, 1965))
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Collector's Guide To TrR1 Bunis trans.94 (1996, page 29)
- Model page created by Ray Albright. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 2238 models, 1356 with images and 1737 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Montgomery Ward & Co. (Wards, Airline); Chicago, IL