Airline GEN 1476A
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Montgomery Ward & Co. (Wards, Airline); Chicago, IL
- 1978 ??
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Airline or Air-Line
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455/10700 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, more than 2 SW bands plus FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / AC: 120 / C: 4 x 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4.5 inch = 11.4 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Airline GEN 1476A - Montgomery Ward & Co. Wards,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 315 x 223 x 132 mm / 12.4 x 8.8 x 5.2 inch
The Airline GEN 1476A is an AC/Battery operated portable 8 band receiver. The radio has the following bands:
- AM: 540 - 1600 kHz
- MB: 1.6 - 4.5 MHz
- SW: 4.5 - 12 MHz
- CB: Channels 1 - 23
- PB1: 30 - 50 MHz
- PB2: 152 - 175 MHz
- FM: 88 - 108 MHz
- AIR: 108 - 137 MHz
- Weatherband: ca. 160 - 164 MHz
- HAM: 144 - 148 MHz
Has fine tuning and squelch controls. Also has earphone jack that disconnects the speaker for private listening.
Made in Taiwan.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 3.1 kg / 6 lb 13.3 oz (6.828 lb)
- Model page created by Karl-Heinz Entrich † 7.21. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 2238 models, 1356 with images and 1737 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Montgomery Ward & Co. (Wards, Airline); Chicago, IL