5R1 (U, 1950) HS-242
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Motorola Inc. (ex Galvin Mfg.Co. Chicago); Schaumburg (IL)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 117 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 5R1 HS-242 - Motorola Inc. ex Galvin Mfg.Co
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 8.25 x 5 x 5 inch / 210 x 127 x 127 mm
This 5R1 is the basic model. Usually a rubber stamp identifies the sub-model. Sometimes that stamp is missing. Please follow the color indication.
In plastic the model is available in several colors:
please load pictures to the relevant models only!
- Model page created by David Ballantyne. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 4304 models, 2840 with images and 3937 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Motorola Inc. (ex Galvin Mfg.Co. Chicago); Schaumburg (IL)