- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Motorola Inc. (ex Galvin Mfg.Co. Chicago); Schaumburg (IL)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 120 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: A1N-46 Ch=HS-744 - Motorola Inc. ex Galvin Mfg.Co
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 9 x 6.25 x 3.25 inch / 229 x 159 x 83 mm
- AC - DC operated AM receiver without a scale. This is a very simple construction with an on/off - volume control on the left and a tuning knob on the right - nothing more. Sams photofact set 491 folder 9 date 7-60 features the Motorola models A1B, A1N, A1R and A1W as the same schematic. But in fact they had also a suffix. We are not yet sure if it is color or something else. We found this A1N-46 in brown but also an A1N-23 and A1N-32 in brown ...
- Literature/Schematics (4)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 491 folder 9 date 7-60)
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 4345 models, 2846 with images and 3949 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Motorola Inc. (ex Galvin Mfg.Co. Chicago); Schaumburg (IL)