B3E Ch= HS-821
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Motorola Inc. (ex Galvin Mfg.Co. Chicago); Schaumburg (IL)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455/10700 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s) 8 FM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (BC) and FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / Either AC: 60 cycles, 120V or DC: 120 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: B3E Ch= HS-821 - Motorola Inc. ex Galvin Mfg.Co
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 16 x 8 x 7 inch / 406 x 203 x 178 mm
The Motorola Model B3E is an AC/DC operated 9 Tube AM/FM Receiver. AM Band Tuning Range: 535 to 1620KHz. FM Band Tuning Range: 88 to 108MHz. Has AFC (Automatic Frequency Control) on FM band. Also has selenium rectifier and push-pull output stage. Uses line cord for FM antenna and has provisions for external antenna connections. Loop antenna used for AM. Cabinet color is Smoke.
The following models use the same schematic and cabinet but have different cabinet colors:
Model Number Cabinet Color B3E Smoke B3W Antique White
- Circuit diagram reference
- Beitman Radio Diagrams Vol. 21, 1961
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Motorola Datasheet 68P60011A15 Dated 8-60)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 541, Folder 13 Dated 8-61)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Beitman Radio Diagrams, Vol. 21, 1961 (Pages 102, 103)
- Model page created by Egon Penker. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 4304 models, 2840 with images and 3937 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Motorola Inc. (ex Galvin Mfg.Co. Chicago); Schaumburg (IL)