PMR-6A Mobile Receiver
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Multi-Products Company (Elmac), Michigan
- Amateur-Receiver (amateur bands, may include broadcast bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Elmac
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion; ZF/IF 1600/455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Powered by external power supply or a main unit.
- - For headphones or amp.
- Power out
- 3.5 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: PMR-6A Mobile Receiver - Multi-Products Company Elmac,
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 8.5 x 6 x 4.5 inch / 216 x 152 x 114 mm
- Dual-conversion communications receiver, covers 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meter bands.
Designed for mobile use, optional PSR-6 6V DC power supply or PSR-116 115V AC power supply or PSR-116S 115V AC power supply with S-meter, optional ESS-2 external S-Meter;
Variant PMR-12A same receiver with PSR-12 12V DC power supply.
Tube 6BE6 replaces V2, if 6BA7 not available.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 2.9 kg / 6 lb 6.2 oz (6.388 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 135.00 $
- Source of data
- Shortwave Receivers - Past & Present (3rd ed.)
- Mentioned in
- Communications Receivers
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Allied Radio Catalog Nº 150, 1956
- Model page created by Vitor Oliveira. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 13 models, 9 with images and 5 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Multi-Products Company (Elmac), Michigan