- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470/10700 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s) 8 FM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave, Short Wave plus FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-210; 220-230; 240-250 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: A242 - Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 21 x 17 x 8.75 inch / 533 x 432 x 222 mm
This model was sold to Switzerland, with the "Magic eye" EM80/81 and a dial adapted for Switzerland with the stations Beromünster, Sottens, Monte Ceneri plus the 6 wire broadcast stations (Telefonrundspruch) on LW
This model was sold into 1958 (see picture #2272636) with the Swiss PTT decal "1958"
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Model page created by Peter Hoddow. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 334 models, 239 with images and 206 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City