- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 117 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-250 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 20 cm = 7.9 inch
- Power out
- 3.5 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: A24 [Table] - Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn
- Tablemodel, Tombstone = decorative upright, not cathedral but can have rounded edges.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 16 x 17.25 x 10.25 inch / 406 x 438 x 260 mm
5-valve AC-powered superhet.
Chassis is also used in a console model.
The cabinet is in Walnut and Bird’s Eye Maple in a modernistic style by R.D. Russell.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 18.4 kg / 40 lb 8.5 oz (40.529 lb)
- Source of data
- Radio! Radio!
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Schematic
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (635)
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 357 models, 264 with images and 233 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City