- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries
- -Loudspeaker incorporated, but system not known.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: B5 - Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 15 x 17.5 x 10 inch / 381 x 445 x 254 mm
5-valve, battery-powered superhet with gramophone jack and extra loudspeaker sockets.
The cabinet is finished in Rosewood and Walnut.
- Price in first year of sale
- 14.50 GB £
- Source of data
- Radio! Radio!
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature (1933 Sales Brochure)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Schematic
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 357 models, 264 with images and 233 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City