- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City
- 1947 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 465 kHz; Export model
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 105-150; 210-260 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Power out
- 4 W (unknown quality)
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: TA126 - Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 20.5 x 12.5 x 9 inch / 521 x 318 x 229 mm
An AC mains table radio with MW (540-1620m) and two SW bands (SW1: 44.6-13.6m in 6 overlapping bandspread ranges, SW2: 104-42.2m), housed in a bakelite case with a white painted front. Sockets for external aerial, earth, external loudspeaker and gramophone pickup).
See also the Murphy TU126 AC/DC version.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 28 lb (28 lb 0 oz) / 12.712 kg
- Source of data
- - - Data from my own collection
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Murphy Service manual TA126 & TU126)
- Model page created by Júlio Branco. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 333 models, 236 with images and 206 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Murphy Radio Ltd.; Welwyn Garden City