37-60B Cathedral Early
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt. Co.; USA
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Power out
- 3 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 37-60B Cathedral [Early] - Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt
- Table-Cathedral-Type (upright, round top or gothic arch, not rounded edges only).
The Philco model 37-60 series uses a 5-tube 2-band (BC and 2.3 - 7.4 MHz) chassis.
There are four models in the series with different cabinet styles. The early version of 37-60B is a cathedral with an arch-shaped profile. The late version of 37-60B is a rectangular tombstone.
The early version of 37-60F is a floor-type console with a tulip pattern for the speaker opening. The late version of 37-60F has a large rectangular speaker grill with three vertical bars in front of the speaker.
- Price in first year of sale
- 34.00 $
- Source of data
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios (6th edition)
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 7 = 1936 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Philco Service Bulletin # 245
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Philco Folder No. PR-430 for 1937.
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3992 models, 2201 with images and 3642 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt. Co.; USA