People´s Set 444
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philco Radio of GB
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 451 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC)
- -Loudspeaker incorporated, but system not known.
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: People´s Set 444 - Philco Radio of GB
- Table-Cathedral-Type (upright, round top or gothic arch, not rounded edges only).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12.5 x 16 x 9.5 inch / 318 x 406 x 241 mm
- The price was 6gns = 6£ 6s 0d. Same cabinet (probably made by E.K. Cole (EKCO)) also as battery version 333. Valves were considerably more expensive in Britain than in the USA. So the outlet in Britain of Philadelphia Storage Battery Company = Philco Pennsylvania had to find a way to produce a superhet with lesser valves (tubes).
- Source of data
- Radio! Radio!
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 253 models, 153 with images and 127 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philco Radio of GB