- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt. Co.; USA
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 105 - 125 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 48-200 Transitone - Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios 4. Edition
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 18 = 1949 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 33, Folder 483-19)
- Other Models
Here you find 3841 models, 2137 with images and 3231 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt. Co.; USA
Forum contributions about this model: Philco, Philadelphia: 48-200 Transitone
Threads: 1 | Posts: 3
My 48-200 has had all caps and resistors replaced, all tubes swapped out, and a thorough cleaning. It will only tune one station in the 640kc area. Tuning elsewhere on the dial decreases volume, but the single station is still there. Any ideas? Thanks from a newbie!
Steve Goodwin, 09.Oct.12