Cosmopolitan 8 PP3
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Philips Australia
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Batteries / addl. power jack / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Cosmopolitan 8 PP3 - Philips Australia
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 8.6875 x 4.1875 x 2 inch / 221 x 106 x 51 mm
Philips Model PP3 "Cosmopolitan"
An eight transistor portable radio with "mini-module" power chassis system (UF401 & UA402) . Metal front and tough durable back. Colours, black and silver. Complete with carrying case and shoulder strap. Operates from one Eveready Type 2364 (9V) battery. Speaker 5" x 3".
Large, easy-to-read, twin-cursor, all-States dial with separate kilocycle (kHz) scale.
Slide-open battery hatch permits easy battery replacement. Converts to mains operation using Philips Power Pack (optional extra).
- Price in first year of sale
- 65.00 AUS $
- Mentioned in
- Mingay's Price Service (Feb 1966 & Aug 1966.)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Philips Service Notes, Oct 1965. (Also at KevinChant com))
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- J.R. Publications Transistor Radio Service Handbook (Group C2, 1965, Page P31.)
- Model page created by Martin Kent. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 842 models, 570 with images and 350 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Philips Australia