4 Channel Receiver QX-949A
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Pioneer Corporation; Tokyo
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (BC) and FM or UHF.
- Hi-Fi equipment
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110; 120; 130; 220; 240 or 120 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Power out
- 160 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 4 Channel Receiver QX-949A - Pioneer Corporation; Tokyo
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 550 x 160 x 440 mm / 21.7 x 6.3 x 17.3 inch
Successor to the similar Pioneer QX-949 model.
Four channel AM/FM receiver with 12 FETs, 85 transistors, 11 ICs and 63 diodes and a 4 level channel indicator ("quad scope" - a combination of bulbs and shutters).
Power output 4 x 40 watts into 8 ohms or 2 x 60 watts into 8 ohms stereo. Frequency response 20 - 20,000 Hz, max 0.3 % total harmonic distortion.
Built-in CD-4 Demodulator, Regular Matrix Decoder and SQ Full Logic Decoder.
Supplied with an FM T-type dipole antenna and PQX-1014 CD-4 test record.
Two versions: labeled "F" with switchable 110-240V mains, label KCU 120V mains only (USA and Canada).
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 22.4 kg / 49 lb 5.4 oz (49.339 lb)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1031 models, 1017 with images and 183 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Pioneer Corporation; Tokyo