- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Pye Ltd., Radio Works; Cambridge
- Television Receiver (TV) or Monitor
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- EF50 EF50 EF50 EF50 EB91 EF50 EF50 EB34 ECC34 EF50 EF50 EB91 EL33 EF50 EL38 HVR2A or HVR2 UU8 or GZ32 MW22-7
- Conflicting model year with tube data.
- The model date contradicts tube dates. [ EB91 (1949)]
- Main principle
- TRF (Tuned-Radio-Frequency but use of regeneration unknown)
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-250 Volt
- Permanent or electro-dynamic (moving coil), system not known yet.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: B16T - Pye Ltd., Radio Works;
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 21.75 x 14.5 x 16.5 inch / 552 x 368 x 419 mm
9 inch round CRT 405 lines B/W TV with GB standard single channel 1 (London) VHF band I tuner. Resolution 2 - 2.5 MHz. Price: GBP 35.0.0 + Tax. The HVR2A and UU8 rectifier valves only appear in early sets. A similar chassis is fitted to the D16T console TV set. The B16T & D16T were the first Pye postwar TV sets.
- Source of data
- -- Original prospect or advert
- Mentioned in
- (GB) Wireless World December 1946
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (894/T2)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Funk-Technik (FT) (13/1949, S. 384, 385 / Bericht, Schema)
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 591 models, 443 with images and 340 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Pye Ltd., Radio Works; Cambridge