Diversity Switch MA-168
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell
- 1965 ??
- Miscellaneous (Other, Various) - see notes
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Main principle
- ZF/IF 100 kHz
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100-125; 200-250 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Diversity Switch MA-168 - Racal Engineering /
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 483 x 46 x 460 mm / 19 x 1.8 x 18.1 inch
- The Diversity Switch is connected to two identical RA-17 / RA-117 receivers, in cases of fading, the stronger signal of the two receivers is automatically switched to the aufio output.
The unid is mainly aimed at RTTY reception, thanks to an internal BFO CW a,d also AM reception is possible.
Variants: MA-168: meters indicate Signal level and activity of receivers;
MA-168B: green cathode ray indicator indicates active channel / receiver, meters show signal strength in both receivers.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 5.9 kg / 12 lb 15.9 oz (12.996 lb)
- Mentioned in
- Racal Handbook, Rinus Jansen
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 107 models, 54 with images and 12 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell