Dual Channel Receiver RA-253
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell
- 1960 ??
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion; ZF/IF 40000/2500 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100-125 / 200-250 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Power out
- 3 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Dual Channel Receiver RA-253 - Racal Engineering /
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 480 x 530 x 570 mm / 18.9 x 20.9 x 22.4 inch
- Coverage 980 - 30000 kHz, AM/SSB with BFO, linear analog readout (ca. 1 kHz).
Professional dual channel receiver used for diversity reception.
Two 600 Ohm and one speaker output per channel.
- Mentioned in
- Racal Handbook, Rinus Jansen
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 107 models, 54 with images and 12 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell