Panoramic Recording Receiver RA-166 PANFAX
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell
- 1960 ??
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100-125 / 200-250 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Panoramic Recording Receiver RA-166 [PANFAX] - Racal Engineering /
- Boatanchor (heavy military or commercial set >20 kg).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 623 x 1670 x 685 mm / 24.5 x 65.7 x 27 inch
- Panoramic Recording Receiver used for manual or automate printing of activities in a shortwave spectrum on paper charts.
RA-166A: RA-17 receiver, RA-66 Panoramic adaptor to view bandsegment activity on CRT screen, MA-256 Tone regulator / Voltage control and Mufax D-611-X Chart Printer.
RA-166B: RA-17 receiver without standard VFO, MA-257 Megacycle Stepping Unit (delivers 10 electrically tuned VFO positions so that 10 1 MHz bands can be selected automatically for recording), RA-66 Panoramic Adaptor, MA-256 Tone 7 Voltage Control Unit and Mufax D-611-X Chart Recorder.
The Panoramic Recording Receivers allow to print signal strength of acitivities in a 100 kHz - 1 MHz segment within the shortwave band on a chart, with the RA-166B with 10 automatically switched center frequencies, automated monitoring without an operator is possible 24 hours a day.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 155 kg / 341 lb 6.6 oz (341.41 lb)
- Mentioned in
- Racal Handbook, Rinus Jansen
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 107 models, 54 with images and 12 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell