- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell
- 1987–1998 ?
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and more than two Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100, 120, 220, 240 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Power out
- 1 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: RA-3701 - Racal Engineering /
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 483 x 133 x 450 mm / 19 x 5.2 x 17.7 inch
- Commercial / military use general coverage receiver, covers 15 - 30000 kHz, AM, USB/LSB, CW, FM;
tuning steps 1 Hz, standard bandwidths 0,3 / 1 / 2,7 / 6 / 12 kHz, 100 memories;
matching 9420 or 9449 ovened oscillator, optional ISB and FSK modules, MA-3700 receiver controller (frontplate with controls to control receiver as slave);
Variant: RA-3703 remotely controlled receiver without own frontplate.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 14 kg / 30 lb 13.4 oz (30.837 lb)
- Source of data
- Shortwave Receivers - Past & Present (3rd ed.)
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 107 models, 54 with images and 12 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell