Receiver Type V.5.A GPO No. 0482
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Radio Instruments Ltd (RI)., London
- 1922–1924 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF (Tuned-Radio-Frequency but use of regeneration unknown)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Wooden case, TUBES VISIBLE.
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Receiver Type V.5.A [GPO No. 0482] - Radio Instruments Ltd RI.,
- Tablemodel, Box - most often with Lid (NOT slant panel).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 550 x 250 x 329 mm / 21.7 x 9.8 x 13 inch
HF / DET / 3 AF
Serial No. 172 GPO No. 0482
This set was tuned using a rotary wiper and internal coils.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 15 lb 0 oz (15 lb) / 6.810 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 36.00 £
- Mentioned in
- Bulletin of the British Vintage Wireless Society (BVWS, 73) (VOL 20 NUMBER 3 JUNE 1995)
- Model page created by Gordon Simpson. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 46 models, 38 with images and 3 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Radio Instruments Ltd (RI)., London