Realistic Patrolman SW-60 12-779, 12-779A
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Radio Shack (Tandy, Realistic, Micronta); USA
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 120 or C: 4 x 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 10 cm = 3.9 inch
- Power out
- 1.5 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Realistic Patrolman SW-60 12-779, 12-779A - Radio Shack Tandy, Realistic,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 287 x 210 x 83 mm / 11.3 x 8.3 x 3.3 inch
Realistic Patrolman SW-60, 12-779, 12-779A;
AM: 520 - 1620 KHz,
FM: 88 - 108 MHz,
SW: 6 - 18 MHz,
VHF Lo: 30 - 50 MHz,
VHF Air-Hi: 108 - 174 MHz,
UHF: 450 - 512 MHz,
Two telescopic antennas, fine tuning, dial light, squelch control, ext. antenna, 5 W power consumption.
Made in China and Korea
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1.8 kg / 3 lb 15.4 oz (3.965 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 99.95 $
- Mentioned in
- Radio Shack Catalog (1984, No. 367, page 80; 1985, No.380, page 95; 1988, No. 419, page 76.)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Radio Shack Catalog (1989, No. 432, page 100, 1990, No. 446, page 96.)
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1282 models, 1164 with images and 111 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Radio Shack (Tandy, Realistic, Micronta); USA