- Manufacturer / Brand
- Radio and Hobbies, Radio Television & Hobbies, Electronics Australia magazine; Sydney
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 465 kHz; 1 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 5 inch = 12.7 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Little General  - Radio and Hobbies, Radio
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 253 x 192 x 175 mm / 10 x 7.6 x 6.9 inch
This is a modified version of the 1940 original, using a loop aerial and valve types more easily obtainable under war conditions. The cabinet was slightly larger to accomodate the loop.
Sold as a kit of parts.
- Mentioned in
- "Radio & Hobbies" magazine, June, 1941 P21.
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 34 models, 18 with images and 29 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Radio and Hobbies, Radio Television & Hobbies, Electronics Australia magazine; Sydney