- Manufacturer / Brand
- Radio and Hobbies, Radio Television & Hobbies, Electronics Australia magazine; Sydney
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 5 inch = 12.7 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Little General  - Radio and Hobbies, Radio
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
This is an updated version of the famous Radio & Hobbies Little General.
The last version was 1951 and Raymond Howe has amended this model along the lines of simplicity, small size and as few components as possible.
This version utilises recently available miniature antenna and IF transformers along with the newly developed duo-diode output pentode, 6BV7.
- Mentioned in
- Radio & Hobbies September 1952, Pages 28 -35
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 34 models, 18 with images and 29 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Radio and Hobbies, Radio Television & Hobbies, Electronics Australia magazine; Sydney