- Manufacturer / Brand
- Radio and Hobbies, Radio Television & Hobbies, Electronics Australia magazine; Sydney
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 1 x 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 5 inch = 12.7 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Transporta 6 - Radio and Hobbies, Radio
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
Transporta portable transistor radio kitsets.
Designed by Radio, TV & Hobbies magazine and used components supplied by various vendors advertising in the magazine. There were six kitset designs from 1958 to 1963.
Printed circuit boards were manufactured by RCS Radio of Sydney.
The Transporta 6 was designed by Maurice Findlay.
- Mentioned in
- Radio, TV & Hobbies, August 1958, Page 32,
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 34 models, 18 with images and 29 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Radio and Hobbies, Radio Television & Hobbies, Electronics Australia magazine; Sydney