Transporta seven (7) with RF stage
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Radio and Hobbies, Radio Television & Hobbies, Electronics Australia magazine; Sydney
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz; 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 1 × 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 5 inch = 12.7 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Transporta seven [with RF stage] - Radio and Hobbies, Radio
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
Transporta portable transistor radio kitsets were designed by Radio, TV & Hobbies magazine and used components supplied by various vendors advertising in the magazine. There were six kitset designs from 1958 to 1963. Printed circuit boards were manufactured by RCS Radio of Sydney.
The Transporta 7 RF was designed by Alan Nutt.
This set was described in November 1960 issue of Radio TV & Hobbies.
It was a 7 transistor superhet with RF stage and used the newly released drift transistors in the front end and IF.
Due to the RF stage and high gain IF these radios provide excellent performance.
Cabinet was made of wood and covered with vinyl.
- Price in first year of sale
- 25.88 Aus£
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (Radio TV & Hobbies, November 1960 Page 48-49)
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 34 models, 18 with images and 29 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Radio and Hobbies, Radio Television & Hobbies, Electronics Australia magazine; Sydney