- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Radiomobile Ltd., Cricklewood Works, London
- Car Radio, perhaps also + sound player/recorder
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: S.Smith and Sons
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 465 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Storage Battery for all (e.g. for car radios and amateur radios) / 12 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Power out
- 3.5 W (max.)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 100 - Radiomobile Ltd., Cricklewood
- Chassis only or for «building in»
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 8.5 x 4.75 x 12.375 inch / 216 x 121 x 314 mm
The Radiomobile 100 is a battery operated 6 tube BC and LW car radio. The BC band frequency tuning range is 545.5 - 1538kHz. The LW frequency tuning range is 150 - 300kHz. Uses Type 50 vibrator to generate the B+ voltage.
This model is similar to the model 101 except that the model 101 does not have a tone control.
NOTE: The schematic shows a X81 tube, however the service manual indicates that a X148 tube should be used in place of the X81 tube.
This car radio was used in 1948 MK1V Jaguars.
- Source of data
- -- Schematic
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature
|Radiomobile 100/101 Service Manual courtesy of guest Keith Barton||6123 KB|
|Radiomobile 100/101 Installation Manual courtesy of guest Keith Barton||884 KB|
- Documents regarding this model
- Model page created by John Kusching. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 106 models, 31 with images and 64 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Radiomobile Ltd., Cricklewood Works, London