- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Rawls & Co., W.C.; Norfolk, VA
- Television- and Radio Receiver, perh. also + Rec. etc. (TV Radio)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Mechanical Television
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Television TV85 - Rawls & Co., W.C.; Norfolk, VA
- Console, Lowboy (legs < 50 %).
The Rawls TV85 is a triple combination television, broadcast radio and shortwave radio.
The shortwave radio is a nine tube superheterodyne, covering 15 to 200 meters, incorporating a bandswitch.
The broadcast radio uses six tubes (235 235 224A 227 247 280), covering 200 to 550 meters. This receiver is synchronized sound for the television picture.
The television is an eight tube TRF (235 235 224A 224A 227 245 245 280).
Equipped with Duraluminum lens disc 16" diameter, driven by a synchronous motor. Each of its 60 lenses adjusted focally to produce clear images on the translucent glass screen.
- Price in first year of sale
- 295.00 $
- Source of data
- Radio Collector`s Guide 1921-1932
- Mentioned in
- Short Wave Craft June 1932 page inside front cover
- Model page created by Peter Rutishauser. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 2 models, 1 with images and 0 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Rawls & Co., W.C.; Norfolk, VA