Airport Receiver AVR-11 Cabinet Model
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- RCA (RCA Victor Co. Inc.); New York (NY)
- 1936 ?
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: RCA Manufacturing || Victor Talking Machine
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 460 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and more than two Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110; 120 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Power out
- 5 W (8 W max.)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Airport Receiver AVR-11 [Cabinet Model] - RCA RCA Victor Co. Inc.; New
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Long wave: 150 to 410 kHz
- Broadcast band: 530 to 1800 kHz
- Medium wave: 1800 - 6400 kHz
- Short wave: 6,4 - 23 MHz
External crystal attachment unit AVA-8 for aviation communication bands (2 MHz - 6.5 MHz).
Model AVR-11 is a cabinet version, AVR-11A and AVR-11B are rack-mounted model.
- Mentioned in
- Aearonautic Radio, M.F. Eddy, 1939, p.348ff
- Model page created by Al Klase. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 5088 models, 3201 with images and 4110 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from RCA (RCA Victor Co. Inc.); New York (NY)