R-28F Ch= R-28-P Duncan Phyfe Table, 2 bands
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- RCA (RCA Victor Co. Inc.); New York (NY)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: RCA Manufacturing || Victor Talking Machine
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 175 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Tropical/Marine/Police Band(s) = 150-200m.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Power out
- 1.75 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: R-28F Ch= R-28-P [Duncan Phyfe Table, 2 bands] - RCA RCA Victor Co. Inc.; New
- Miscellaneous shapes - described under notes.
Chassis R-28-P in a Duncan Phyfe table, advertised as Model R-28F.
The R-28-P has a RF stage and 3 gang tuning condenser but only one IF bandfilter! The original R-28 did not have the 1400-2800 kHz Police Band and is somewhat less common. The P-model indicates "Police".
- Price in first year of sale
- 44.50 $
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 4 = ca. 1934 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- RCA Victor Service Notes "Red Book" Series
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 5008 models, 2979 with images and 4057 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from RCA (RCA Victor Co. Inc.); New York (NY)