TR-1 "Mike Todd"
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Regency (brand of I.D.E.A.)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Idea (I.D.E.A.)
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 262 kHz; 1 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 22,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 7 cm = 2.8 inch
- Power out
- 0.1 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: TR-1 "Mike Todd" - Regency brand of I.D.E.A.
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 5.5 x 3.5 x 1.5 inch / 140 x 89 x 38 mm
Very rare, jade green version of the TR-1 - complete with a leather presentation case which looks like a book. On the spine of the book is printed "Around the World in 80 Days". The inside contains the names of the recipient like Arthur Miller or Michael Todd.
Date of patent application : Mar.25, 1955
Date patented : Jun. 30, 1959
US Patent : 2,892,931
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.340 kg / 0 lb 12 oz (0.749 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 49.95 $
- Mentioned in
- The Collector's Guide To Antique Radios 2. Edition
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 65 models, 53 with images and 30 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Regency (brand of I.D.E.A.)
The model TR-1 "Mike Todd" is part of the collections of the following members.