AM Transistorized Receiver XR-2A
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Regency (brand of I.D.E.A.)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Idea (I.D.E.A.)
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- TRF with diode detector; 1 AF stage(s); Reflex
- Tuned circuits
- 1 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / AAA: 2 x 1.5 Volt
- - only for Earphone!
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: AM Transistorized Receiver XR-2A - Regency brand of I.D.E.A.
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 3 x 2.125 x 1.125 inch / 76 x 54 x 29 mm
- The Regency XR-2A is a portable AM Transistorized Receiver (like a Boys Radio).
Red plastic, no volume control, no speaker, earphone is wired in. 2 transistors, the RF-transistor is reflexed as the first AF stage, followed by one AF transistor.
Not adjustable reaction.
- Mentioned in
- The Collector's Guide To Antique Radios 2. Edition
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Date 11-58, set 419, folder 13)
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 66 models, 55 with images and 30 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Regency (brand of I.D.E.A.)