Quartz PLL Synthesizer Tuner TU-S9
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sansui Electric Co., Ltd.; Tokyo
- 1981–1983 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- PLL, Phase-locked loop
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (BC) and FM or UHF.
- Hi-Fi equipment
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 120; 220; 240 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Quartz PLL Synthesizer Tuner TU-S9 - Sansui Electric Co., Ltd.;
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 445 x 102 x 310 mm / 17.5 x 4 x 12.2 inch
A hi-fi AM/FM stereo quartz PLL synthesizer tuner with a digital frequency display housed in a simulated rosewood wooden case. With 10 FM/AM Preset stations, Auto and Manual tuning, Direct Set tuning function, last station memory, memory backup, DC audio amp, PLL Multiplex, LED Signal/Multipath meter, Noise Canceller, tape recorder Calibration Tone switch and FM Muting/Mode switch. On the rear, an 'F' type 75ohm terminal for external FM antenna, terminals for 300ohm FM and AM antenna (clip-on loop AM antenna supplied), RCA phono sockets for Line Output, Dolby FM adaptor and AM IF output for AM stereo adaptor, unswitched AC outlet and a compartment for memory backup batteries (2 x AA 1.5V).
Specification FM Section Tuning range 87.5-108MHz Usable sensitivity Mono IHF 10.5dBf (1.8µV), DIN 0.9µV 50dB quieting sensitivity Mono 14.5dBf, Stereo 36.0dBf S/N ratio at 65dBf Mono 85dB, Stereo 78dB Distortion at 65dBf Mono
< 0.06% at 100Hz, < 0.06% at 1kHz, < 0.06% at 6kHz
< 0.07% at 100Hz, < 0.07% at 1kHz, < 0.07% at 6kHz
Alt. channel selectivity 60dB (at 400kHz) Capture ratio 1.0dB Image response ratio 70dB (at 98MHz) Spurious response ratio 80dB (at 98MHz) Stereo separation 40dB at 100Hz, 52dB at 1kHz, 42dB at 10kHz Frequency response Stereo 30-18,000Hz +0.3dB,-0.8dB Antenna input impedance 300Ω balanced, 75Ω unbalanced AM Section Tuning range 525-1,605kHz (10 kHz)
531-1,602kHz (9 kHz)
Usable sensitivity 55dB/m Selectivity (±9kHz) 34dB S/N ratio 46dB Distortion < 0.6% (at 30% Mod., 80dB/m) Image response ratio 45dB at 1,000kHz IF response ratio 35dB at 1,000kHz Output voltage/impedance OUTPUT
General export / 120,220,240V AC 50/60Hz
For U.S.A. and Canada / 120V AC 60Hz
Power consumption: 14 Watts
Semiconductors: 54 Transistors; 45 Diodes; 18 LEDs; 11 ICs; 2 Zener Diodes; 2 FETs
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4.2 kg / 9 lb 4 oz (9.251 lb)
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (1983 Sansui World of Audio catalogue)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Operating Instructions manual Sansui TU-S9)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 412 models, 397 with images and 126 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sansui Electric Co., Ltd.; Tokyo