Doublet ID = 94736 black
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sears, Roebuck & Co.; Chicago (IL)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Silvertone
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 2.25 inch = 5.7 cm
- Power out
- 0.1 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Doublet ID = 94736 [black] - Sears, Roebuck & Co.; Chicago
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 62 x 102 x 36 mm / 2.4 x 4 x 1.4 inch
The Sears Silvertone 6202 is a battery operated, 8 transistor portable AM radio. AM band frequency tuning range is 540-1620kHz. Has push-pull output stage and earphone jack that disconnects the speaker for private listening. Cabinet is plastic with silver-gold color trim. When sold, included black leatherette case, earphone and battery.
The radio is labeled as having 7 transistors, but it actually has 8 transistors, with the 8th transistor used in a diode configuration in the detector circuit (The emitter is not connected).
The following models use the same schematic and cabinet, but have different cabinet colors:
Model Cabinet Color 6202 Black 6203 Mist Blue 6204 Tangerine
See details and summaries about Sears catalogs etc. This model was manufactured for Sears by Noblitt-Sparks Ind. (Arvin), Columbus, Indiana (Sears Manufacturer Source Number Code 132).
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.180 kg / 0 lb 6.3 oz (0.396 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 8.95 $
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact TSM Transistor Radio Series SAMS (TSM-65, pages 121-124)
- Literature/Schematics (4)
- Sears, Roebuck Catalogs (Silvertone) (Spring/Summer 1966, page 786.)
- Model page created by Eckhard Wegner. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 5418 models, 3159 with images and 4133 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sears, Roebuck & Co.; Chicago (IL)