Field Strength Meter 498A
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Simpson Electric Co.; Chicago, IL - Lac du Flambeau, WI
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Wave bands
- VHF incl. FM and/or UHF (see notes for details)
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Storage batteries (perhaps also batteries) / 110-120 / ? Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Field Strength Meter 498A - Simpson Electric Co.; Chicago,
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 11 x 8.5 x 8 inch / 279 x 216 x 203 mm
Measurement of television signals in any locality. 4 ranges: 50, 500, 5000 and 50,000 microvolts.
Can be operated on AC line (117 V), self-contained storage battery (self-contained charger), automobile battery or external battery. Uses Mallory 659 vibrator for battery operation.
Alimentabile anche tramite batteria da 6V 12Ah (Anodica ottenuta tramite vibratore Mallory 659). Galvanometro da 50uA.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 7.5 kg / 16 lb 8.3 oz (16.52 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 146.00 $
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Allied Radio Catalog (Knight) (Nº 150, 1956)
- Model page created by Vitor Oliveira. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 141 models, 123 with images and 57 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Simpson Electric Co.; Chicago, IL - Lac du Flambeau, WI