Field Strength Meter 498
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Simpson Electric Co.; Chicago, IL - Lac du Flambeau, WI
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Wave bands
- VHF incl. FM and/or UHF (see notes for details)
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Storage batteries (perhaps also batteries) / 117/6 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Field Strength Meter 498 - Simpson Electric Co.; Chicago,
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 11 x 8.5 x 8 inch / 279 x 216 x 203 mm
Measures relative field strength from approx. 50 microvolts to 0.5 volts. Covers all channels UHF and VHF. Continuously variable sensitivity.
Can be operated on AC line (117 V), self-contained storage battery (self-contained charger), automobile battery or external battery.
Price including shoulder strap, less battery.
Storage battery, 12 ampere hours, No. 5721: $9.50
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 11.5 lb (11 lb 8 oz) / 5.221 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 155.90 $
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Simpson Test Equipment bulletin no. 2058, 1957)
- Model page created by Mark Hippenstiel. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 141 models, 123 with images and 57 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Simpson Electric Co.; Chicago, IL - Lac du Flambeau, WI