All Transistor Solid state 8F-38W
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sony Corporation; Tokyo
- 1966 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (BC) and FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 117 / 4 x 1,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 10 cm = 3.9 inch
- Power out
- 0.55 W (0.85 W max.)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: All Transistor Solid state 8F-38W - Sony Corporation; Tokyo
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 7.75 x 8.5 x 4.2 inch / 197 x 216 x 107 mm
There's tone control, an AFC button, and a top carrying handle.
The chassis is black plastic with ivory plastic trim; the front plate is brushed metal and lucite.
- Model page created by Daniel Rosha. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3681 models, 3548 with images and 797 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sony Corporation; Tokyo