CD Radio Cassette-Corder CFD-9
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sony Corporation; Tokyo
- 1993 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455/10700 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (BC) and FM or UHF.
- Other Combination - see Notes
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 220 / D 6 x 1.5 Volt
- 2 Loudspeakers / Ø 10 cm = 3.9 inch
- Power out
- 2.3 W (max.)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: CD Radio Cassette-Corder CFD-9 - Sony Corporation; Tokyo
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 510 x 155 x 250 mm / 20.1 x 6.1 x 9.8 inch
Portable cassette / CD player. Batteries : 6 x Size D ( = " Mono" or " R 20 " ). Assembled either in Malaysia or in China.
The Sony CFD-9 Stereo CD Radio Cassette-Corder was marketed in several model variants:
The radio section frequency range had slight variations, sharing the same tuner design built around the CXA1238 FM/AM front-end/IF/Det/MPX IC:
- AEP, UK: FM 87.6-107MHz; AM 531-1602kHz
- Italian: FM 87.5-108MHz; AM 526.5-1606.5kHz
- US, Canadian, Taiwan, Central&South America: FM 87.6-108MHz; AM 530-1710kHz
- Saudi Arabia: FM 87.6-107MHz; AM 530-1605kHz
- E.Australian, PX, Hong Kong: FM 87.6-108MHz; AM 530-1605kHz
- East European: FM 65-108MHz; AM 531-1602kHz
- Tourist: FM 76-108MHz; AM 530-1629kHz
Power supply requirements:
- All variants can operate on DC 9V, using six R20 (size D) batteries
- AEP, East European, Italian models: 220-230VAC, 50Hz
- UK, Australian models: 240VAC, 50Hz
- US, Canadian, Central&South America, Taiwan models: 120VAC, 60Hz
- E, Saudi Arabia, Tourist, PX, Hong Kong models: 110-120/220-240VAC, 50/60Hz, selectable
- The power consumption is 20W for all variants except for the Taiwan model consuming 25W
Audio Power output:
- Two channel stereo 2.3W + 2.3W (max.) over two full range 10cm 3.2 Ohm speakers driven by one LA4697 dual channel power amplifier IC
- Headphones stereo minijack for 16 to 68 Ohm impedance headphones.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 3.4 kg / 7 lb 7.8 oz (7.489 lb)
- Model page created by Simeon Nikolov. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3800 models, 3666 with images and 847 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sony Corporation; Tokyo