FM/AM 2 Band PLL Synthesized Receiver ICF-M500
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sony Corporation; Tokyo
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- PLL, Phase-locked loop
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (BC) and FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Batteries / addl. power jack / AA: 3 x 1.5 / 4.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 3 inch = 7.6 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: FM/AM 2 Band PLL Synthesized Receiver ICF-M500 - Sony Corporation; Tokyo
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 189 x 116 x 45 mm / 7.4 x 4.6 x 1.8 inch
The Sony ICF-M500 receives the Japanese FM band 76 to 90 MHz, the FM sound carrier of the Japanese TV channels 1 to 3 and the MW/AM band from 531 to 1710 kHz.
Pre-programmed memory with program cards for all country regions of Japan.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.570 kg / 1 lb 4.1 oz (1.256 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 12,800.00 JPY
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature
- Model page created by Bernhard Nagel. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3708 models, 3574 with images and 803 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sony Corporation; Tokyo