Sparton 76 Triolian
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sparks-Withington Co., (Sparton); Jackson, Michigan
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 456 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 9 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 160 Watts, 115 Volt
- 3 Loudspeakers
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Sparton 76 Triolian - Sparks-Withington Co., Sparton
- Console, Lowboy (legs < 50 %).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 30 x 42 x 15 inch / 762 x 1067 x 381 mm
5 bands; Broadcast, 1,5 - 3,4 Mc, 3,4 - 6,8 Mc, 6,5 - 13 Mc and 13 - 24 Mc.
3 electrodynamic speakers. It shows a 4-gang variable tuning condensator but by a close look only 3 of them are used. Consumption is 160 Watts. Push-pull audio amplifier using 2 x 2 type 2A5 tubes in parallel. The center speaker measures 12" in diameter, the other two 8", resulting in 135 square inches of sound recording speaker surface. Chippendale cabinet.
The Rider's schematic is from June 1, 1936, but the model is from 1934 - as also Grinder mentiones in his book. See our article about the right radio season.
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- The Radio Collector's Directory and Price Guide 1921 - 1965
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 7 = 1936 and before
- Mentioned in
- Pre-War Consoles (Rider's 7-7, 7-8)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Radio Retailing (Radio & Television R.) (Photo March 1934, page 51. April 1934, page 55. May 1534, page 30.)
- Other Models
Here you find 732 models, 349 with images and 658 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sparks-Withington Co., (Sparton); Jackson, Michigan