Receiver Radio R6
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Standard Telephones and Cables Ltd. (STC); London, Foots Cray
- 1935 ??
- Military Receiver
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Micromesh tubes
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Storage batteries (perhaps also batteries) / see notes Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Receiver Radio R6 - Standard Telephones and Cables
- Chassis only or for «building in»
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 760 x 330 x 330 mm / 29.9 x 13 x 13 inch
Receiver: Type R6 Commercial or Naval receiver
Frequency Ranges; 1200 - 430kHz, 430 - 158kHz, 158 - 60kHz
Circuit: Superhet, with superimposer for A 1
Valves: 6 x D2, 1 x 7D7, 1 x 11D3
Power source: accumulator 12 V, anode battery 160 V or power supply unit (see type R 5)
Antenna: Ordinary single wire antenna.
Receiver: 760 x 330 x 330 mm
Power supply unit: 305 x 230 x 150 mm
Receiver: 37 kg
Power supply unit: 12 kg
Usage: Fixed and mobile radio stations, also air force or navy.
Make (manufacturer): Standard Telephones and Cables Ltd, London.
Remarks: Fading compensation (AGC), bandwidth control, Tone Filters (tone control) and noise limiter available. Can also be used as a direction finder with auxiliary equipment. Not confirmed as an army device.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 37 kg / 81 lb 8 oz (81.498 lb)
- Model page created by Mike Edwards. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 34 models, 29 with images and 10 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Standard Telephones and Cables Ltd. (STC); London, Foots Cray