- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Standard Telephones and Cables Ltd. (STC); London, Foots Cray
- 1968 ?
- Commercial Transmitter & Receiver (TRX not Amateur)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Micromesh tubes
- Number of Transistors
- Wave bands
- VHF incl. FM and/or UHF (see notes for details)
- Power type and voltage
- Storage Battery for all (e.g. for car radios and amateur radios)
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Starphone SF1.1.25.S - Standard Telephones and Cables
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 63 x 184 x 29 mm / 2.5 x 7.2 x 1.1 inch
Claimed in 1979 to be the worlds smallest Radio-telephone.
Operating in the band 450-470 Mhz, the units can talk to each other. Or with the separate Base Station with an antenna 100 feet above ground, reception was possible up to a range of two to three miles.
- Model page created by Mike Edwards. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 34 models, 29 with images and 10 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Standard Telephones and Cables Ltd. (STC); London, Foots Cray