Tascam 8 Track, 1/2" Reel-to-Reel tape recorder. 80-8
- Manufacturer / Brand
- TEAC; Tokyo
- 1980 ??
- Sound/Video Recorder and/or Player
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Tascam
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- Tape Recorder; Hi-Fi equipment
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 117-240 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Tascam 8 Track, 1/2" Reel-to-Reel tape recorder. 80-8 - TEAC; Tokyo
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 445 x 636 x 305 mm / 17.5 x 25 x 12 inch
Tascam 80-8, eight-Track, 1/2" Reel-to-Reel tape recorder.
Can be connected to the Tascam DBX Noise Reduction Module DX-8 for increased noise reduction.
Reel Size: 10½" maximum, NAB hub only Tape Speeds: 15 ips Speed Accuracy:
±0.5 % RMS (NAB) , weighted; ±0.06 peak (ANSI), weighted; Measured with flutter test tape.
Fast Wind Time: 120 seconds, for 2400 feet of tape. Start Time: less than 0.5 sec. Capstan Motor:
Reel Motors: 2-AC eddy current induction motors Head Configuration: 3 heads; erase, record, and reproduce
Line Input: Level :- l0dB (0.3V) nominal. Impedance: greater than 20 k ohms, unbalanced Line Output:
Level : - 10dB (0 .3V) nominal. Load impedance: greater than 10 k ohms, unbalanced
Record Level Calibration: 0 VU referenced to 250 nWb/m (nano Webers per meter) tape flux level. Bias and Erase:
Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 18 kHz, ±3 dB (Sync and Repro mode) Distortion: 1 % at 400 Hz, 0 VU Total Harmonic Distortion: 3 % at 10 dB above 0 VU Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
65 dB weighted, 60 dB unweighted, referenced to 3 % THD level (10 dB above 0 VU) or 826.4 nWb/m.
117V, 60Hz, 200W (USA. Model)
220V, 50Hz, 200W (Europe Model)
240V, 50Hz, 200W (UK/ Australia Model)
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 35 kg / 77 lb 1.5 oz (77.093 lb)
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Tascam series 80-8 Owner's reference Manual)
- Model page created by Alessandro De Poi. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 367 models, 275 with images and 43 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from TEAC; Tokyo