Buick Car Radio 981970
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- United Motors Service (Delco)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Delco Radio Corp. (Appliance) || Delco-Remy Division, General Motors Corp. || United Motors Service Delco General Motors
- Brand: Chieftain || Delco
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 465 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries / 12 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Buick Car Radio 981970 - United Motors Service Delco
- Chassis only or for «building in»
The models Buick 981970, Oldsmobile 989172 and Pontiac 988978 from United Motors Service (Delco, General Motors) are portable AND automobile AM radios with the same schematics. See a complete picture on model 989172 Oldsmobile plus the portable part. The two units have a total of eight transistors and three diodes. The portable unit noted below has six transistors and the automobile unit has two transistors and can not operate without the portable unit in place.
See also the portable unit 7273524
See also 989172 Oldsmobile and other links.
- Source of data
- Beitman Radio Diagrams, Vol. 19, 1959
- Model page created by Hinrich Grensemann † 15.5.16. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 579 models, 316 with images and 548 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from United Motors Service (Delco)