Universal Test Speaker and Output Meter USO
- Manufacturer / Brand
- University / University Graham Instruments Pty. Ltd., Radio Equipment Pty. Ltd.; Sydney
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- No Power needed
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Universal Test Speaker and Output Meter USO - University / University Graham
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12 x 15 x 7 inch / 305 x 381 x 178 mm
This was a test speaker for radio servicing, incorporating an output meter. A filter choke and power resistors are incorporated for substituting for the field coil. The output transformer was suitable for single ended or push-pull output stages, of various impedances.
This model was still being sold well into the post war era.
The price shown does not include sales tax.
- Price in first year of sale
- 14.88 Aus£
- Mentioned in
- Radio & Hobbies magazine May, 1942 P2.
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 22 models, 22 with images and 5 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from University / University Graham Instruments Pty. Ltd., Radio Equipment Pty. Ltd.; Sydney